Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Finally! Something to Write About!



Well, I was starting to get worried. I have been reading about the death of the Blog. Blogs are now officially "out". Skeletons of abandoned blogs litter the internet. Would my blog become another one of the statistics? Was I another self-important blow hard who had finally run out of things to say? It was starting to look like Yes - but thank goodness we've found something to write about!




My parents have arrived to liven things up here. They had a fairly tiring trip - door-to-door it was something like 36 hours. We spent the first week of their visit here in Brisbane as they adjusted to the time change. We did some of the usual outings - Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary and the Botanic Gardens. One nice day, we took the City Cat boat into town and had lunch at the new Modern Museum of Art. Lee and Dick have persuaded Elliott to play Bridge. I hate to admit Grandad and Elliott make a pretty good team and Lee and I haven't managed to take them yet. We are reading up on Australia. I have Dad working on "The Fatal Shore" by Robert Hughes, while I have tackled "The Mayne Inheritance" which is about a founding family in Brisbane. Brisbane, being what it is.....this true story is described as "a gothic tale of murder, madness, and scandal across the generations". Good stuff!




We just spent Easter weekend in Noosa up on the Sunshine Coast. The beach was fantastic with some great waves for body boarding. We didn't feel up to trying our hand at surfing, but there were lots of surfers too. Our hotel was on Hastings Street so we could walk down the main drag of fancy shops or head up to the National Park. We did see a Koala snoozing in a tree - I think he was placed there for the tourists. It was too perfect! Tim managed to see dolphins swimming at the beach, but the rest of us were still tucked up in bed.



We are home for today to recover and do our wash. Tomorrow we head to Sydney. So, dear readers, or reader if I only have one left, you will have at least one more blog!




No comments: