Thursday, January 31, 2008

Back to School




Not even January 31, and I've fallen down on my New Year's Resolution of more photos. I can't figure out how to use my new camera and my technical advisor is away on business. Will try to edit the blog to add a photo at later time.

Well, luckily school started back this week. It was very relaxing to be off for several weeks with nothing to do. The most challenging thing we did was to see if we could cover the entire surface area of the pool with all our new rafts. We got pretty close I have to say. However, all this having nothing to do left us waaaayyyy too much time to play on the computer. I'm afraid I have given myself ADHD or early onset Alzheimer's. I think it really must make you stupid all that gaming. In order to stimulate my poor brain, I have taken up doing an on-line Jigsaw Puzzle at JigZone.com. Great fun! I'll try to learn how to embed a puzzle in my blog for you all to try. We are also working on a proper jigsaw puzzle of some termite mounds that has been a challenge.

Elliott started back to school on Tuesday. He was dreading it, of course, but I think even he was ready to see some more of his friends. I had my first Tuck Shop duty of the year yesterday. I am now prepared for a career change if we move back to the US. I could be the milkshake maker at Steak and Shake. This is a new product sold at school and it is wildly popular along with toasted sandwiches. I was lucky to have the claimed the milkshake job. The toasted cheese sandwich maker job was awful. It was already 30 degrees and incredibly humid - but to stand over the 220 degree hot grill machine didn't look fun. I was a bit nervous I would explode the milkshake machine all over me in front of Elliott's friends, but everything went off without a hitch.

It's nice to be back at the gym again and my activities will start up over the next few weeks. I signed up for Tennis on Tuesday and Thursdays this term. It has still been raining a fair bit, so I hope the rain showers confine themselves to afternoon so as not to interfere with my plans.

No comments: